Monday, August 4, 2008

Loblolly revisited


Wow, a creek has such personality. One day a gentle wading spot, the next a deep, swift, gurgling river of debris. It was still fun, though. But take a look. This is a friend wading to the other side, just across from "zany island". You can see how high the water is on him, and how it surrounds the island, where in the photo in the post below there is dry sand around the island, and the place he was walking was only a few inches deep.

So keep in mind how much rain there's been if you plan a trip. Either way was fun, but we got a lot wetter the second, after-storm visit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I was looking at your blog and I like it. I would like to become blog friends are you up for it?

I have an art blog and it is here in sunny San Diego, I am creating conceptual art pieces as well as my own personal journals and funny sections. I have friends from all over the world. How about it?
If you comment on my blog I will on yours. Take care and see you soon? Jesse

Anonymous said...

ummmm...is there an extra kid in your blog banner? Or is that my lortab confusing me?

Bren said...

hi Jenny! Yes, there's an extra. A friend of ours who accompanies us an many adventures.

Anonymous said...

Splendidly written. I sweet to interpret relating to pattern and fashion.